In 2013 I started to build my first unmanned aerial vehicles(UAV’s) better known as drones. Together with my father we spent hours and hours gluing together our new creations. Building on top of open-source software and hardware we created a working platform that could take-off, fly a planned mission and land all fully autonomous.
After my studies this became a more serious job as I started to do work for HiView and FutureWater. This job took me all the way to Mozambique where I was working for the Saving Water For Food(SWFF) project in Mozambique for over 7 months.
After years of work my abilities and experience now stretches from building custom made UAV’s to processing geographic information system (GIS) maps and include:
- Building and maintaining UAV’s
- Prosessing raw UAV data to make ultra high resolution maps and digital elevation models (DEM’s)
- Creating thermal maps.
- Classification of various UAV data sources.
- Camera conversion from red-green-blue to infrared-green-blue.
- Creating workflows and software solutions for other UAV specialists.
- Training others to become UAV operators.